The software on this pages will slowly be moved to GitHub https://github.com/hilbix/. The CVS repository will be migrated to GIT as well, so the history will be preserved, a bit. See FAQ.
The tools are developed under Linux with
release early, release often
So you can consider this beta software, or alpha, or pre-alpha, or even worse ;)
Have a look in the download directory for all downloads.
As always here, all you get is the source. No binaries here.
This is a program which starts other programs after some time
⇒ ⇒ ⇒ The development shifted to another location. All future versions will be published at https://github.com/hilbix/minicron ⇐ ⇐ ⇐
Minicron is a tiny starter script, which starts another program or script after some time period. It was optimized for size, not feature.
To compile with diet, try "make static; strip minicron"
- Start a program after it was N minutes idle
Planned extensions for future:
- SIGHUP: Shutdown program now
- SIGTERM: Shutdown program and terminate
- Kill a program after M minutes
- Maximum number of parallel processes
- Start a program each N minutes
- SIGUSR1: Start a program now
- SIGUSR2: Start another program now
- Redirect STDIN/OUT/ERR
- Chroot/user/whatever before exec
- Double guard (refork self).
- Load DLL, fork function of DLL.
That was simple.
License and Disclaimer
All you can see here is free software according to the GNU GPL.